I have a poorly teething baby *sob*
Evie is only four months old which is pretty early to be teething, but the dribbling, runny nappies and rosy cheeks are all there and everything she can get her hands on goes straight into her mouth!
Because she's so little, I've struggled to find her a teething toy that she can actually hold. Daisy didn't teethe until she was much older so I've found that her old toys are too heavy and awkward for Miss E. We tried them all and even treated her to some brand spanking new ones but to no avail - and we were just about to give up when, through the magic of Twitter, I discovered the Izzy Melody teething bangle.
Yes, you heard right - a teething bangle. That is, a bangle for mama to wear and for baby to chew on whenever he or she is grizzly. I'd never heard of teething jewellery before and think it's just the most brilliant idea ever.
Reasons to love Izzy Melody?
- These bangles are the only teething bangles made in the UK (SUPPORT BRITISH WORKERS!!)
- The materials used to make them have been certified for safety. They are made of medical grade silicone which is non toxic and durable (some other bangles on the market are made in China from food grade silicone which is nowhere near as good quality) and they are BPA, PVC, Lead, Latex and Phthalate free.
- The bangles can be washed in warm, soapy water, put in the dishwasher (on the top shelf) or sterilised in a steam steriliser. They can also be popped into the fridge or freezer for extra relief.
- They are extremely lightweight, which means even the littlest of teethers can hold them and, being a bangle, are the perfect shape for them to grip onto. They are suitable from birth.
- They are super stylish! I love this idea so much because I get something from it too!
- You, the mama, have control over the teether and it's less likely to get lost! In the last couple of weeks we've lost heaps of toys after Evie has dropped them into her stroller/car seat and then they've fallen out. If your other half is taking baby out and doesn't want to wear your bracelet then he can always attach it to the pram with a regular dummy/toy strap.
One of these would make a perfect new mum present. Something a bit different from your usual babygros and a treat for both mum and baby! They are available in three colours; jet black, cherry blossom pink and deep turquoise, are priced at £14.95 and come presented a beautiful box too.
Visit the shop here | Follow Izzy Melody on Twitter here.