Earlier this year I reviewed the Marley Spoon Recipe Delivery Service. As someone who likes to eat well but is
As if the original plan wasn't good enough, from the beginning of next month Marley Spoon will be launching its brand spanking new family plan - and I'm excited! These new family friendly kits will offer fast, easy and healthy recipes that can be tailored to suit each family's tastes.
Each week there will be five delicious new recipes to choose from, featuring ingredients that both children and adults will like, starting at just £4.40 per portion.
To celebrate the launch, I am sharing a recipe from Marley Spoon, which is one my girls love.
QUINOA COATED SALMON FINGERS WITH SWEET POTATO CHIPS + SPICY TOMATO SAUCE
A recipe by Chef Kate at Marley Spoon.
|Photo credit: Alex Freundorfer|
350g salmon fillet
3 sweet potatoes
1/2tsp Mexican chilli seasoning
40 desiccated coconut
15g corn flour
300g green beans
5g harissa paste
1. Prepare fries: Preheat oven to 220°C (fan). Line a baking tray with parchment and drizzle with 1tsp of oil. Wash, cut the ends off the sweet potato, and slice into 1.5cm thick fries. Toss in the corn flour; lay out on the baking sheet in a single layer. Fill a kettle with water, boil.
2. Cook fries: Mix the Mexican seasoning with 1tbsp of oil, drizzle over the fries and place in the oven. Cook for 15mins before flipping and cooking for a further 7-12mins or until crispy.
3. Prepare quinoa: Meanwhile, place the quinoa in twice as much hot water, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 7-12mins. Drain the quinoa, and mix with the desiccated coconut. Wash, then zest the lime, add 1-2tsp zest to the quinoa as well as salt and pepper.
4. Coat fish fingers: Rinse, dry and cut the salmon into 8 long strips, press the salmon into the quinoa mixture and coat all sides. Heat a tbsp of oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Fry the salmon fingers until golden and crispy on all sides, about 6mins.
5. Cook beans: Meanwhile, wash, trim and halve the beans. Add to a small saucepan, cover with the just boiled water and, cook for 3-5mins. Drain the beans and return to the pan. Add the remaining lime zest, 1tsp of oil, a pinch of sugar, salt and pepper and keep warm.
6. Mix ketchup and serve: Mix the harissa paste with the ketchup, cut the lime into wedges. Divide the fish fingers and sweet potato fries between the plates with the beans. Serve with the spicy ketchup and a wedge of lime to squeeze over the beans and salmon.